Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
[HUB Workbench] "Take My Word For It!" - Solutions For The Reluctant Writer
Thursday, December 6, 2012 from 5:00 PM to 6:00 PM (PST)
Teacher: Sondra Hall,
Director of Take My Word For It!
About This Class:
What are some techniques I can use to turn writing from a chore into a chance to be creative? How do I start? How can I make my writing more compelling?
This is a think-outside-of-the-box, fun creative writing workshop that will get the participants outside of their usual writing comfort zone. The goal is to chip away at the discomfort/frustration/challenge with writing that many people have and explore new ways to dive into our imagination and put words together.
Writing is an important life skill. Changing a negative relationship to the writing process can make a world of difference to a professional whose job requires wrangling with the written word.
Writing can be a creative process. Creativity can lead to innovation, effective problem solving, and allow one to explore one's beliefs, thoughts and feelings. Creativity breeds new ideas and new ideas can help change the world!
The Hour's Creative Indulgences:
- Where do writers get their ideas? Explore the art of tapping into inspiration and hunting down the creative spark in unexpected places.
- The Writer's Brew: Explore how to make your writing zing, snap and crackle!
- Reluctant Writer's Magic Potion: Solutions for the reluctant writer.
The class will make use of innovative creative writing activities to get people out of their "work" heads and into their imaginations.
About Sondra Hall,
Director of Take My Word For It!:
Sondra Hall has been in love with the written word since she was in elementary school and is the founder and Director of "Take My Word For It!", an organization providing creative writing programs to kids in after-school and community-based settings.
When & Where
HUB Workbench helps changemakers develop the skills they need to succeed. Our teachers are activists, artists, and social entrepreneurs who envision a new kind of economy and a new definition of success in business. Our community will help you learn skills, build your project, and change the world.
HUB Workbench is a HUB Bay Area program.
The HUB Bay Area is part of a global community taking collaborative action for a better world. The HUB is an inspiring space, meaningful content and a vibrant global community of people.
We share the following values:
· Placemaking: We value the place around us.
· Collaborative Effort: Our community values creative cooperation and collaboration.
· Ethic of Respect: The Hub is a respectful place. It is safe for diversity, ideas, inspiration, and creativity.
· Building a Better World: Our community honors hopes, dreams, and values.
· Radical Inclusion: All are invited to join and build on the conversation.
Join the HUB Community today and receive discounts on events, classes and professional development opportunities.